Beauty Review: Maybelline Superstay 24 Color




















How great would it be if you only had to apply lipstick once throughout day? Maybelline’s Superstay 24 lip colour makes the claim that it’ll last 24 hours if applied properly. This dual ended lip product works by applying the richly pigmented colour to clean, dry lips. Once the colour dries completely – which takes about two minutes – you apply the conditioning balm to add moisture and sheen.

L-R: Timeless Rose and Always Hot Chili

This is a very effective product at a great price point. I tried two different colours – Always Hot Chili and Timeless Rose. The colours are highly saturated, and even though I did have to reapply a couple times during the day, it did last significantly longer than many other lip products I’ve used in the past. I found that the key to maintaining smooth looking pout was to reapply the conditioning balm often.

Whenever I see that a lip product that claims to last all day, I’m always a little wary considering how often we drink water or coffee, eat or brush our teeth throughout the day. When applied properly, I believe this product puts forth a valiant effort. The first time I tried to apply it, I must have applied the conditioning balm prematurely which resulted in the lip colour shifting and clumping on my lips. Definitely not the type of product to apply while you’re in a rush!

Since these colours are highly pigmented, I would recommend using this product to accentuate your lips as the focal point, pairing it with a more neutral eye colour. [Editor's note: If you like the idea of long-lasting colour but find the colours too pigmented, where as a stain by dabbing the colour on with your finger. The effect is a bit of colour that will last all day.]

Available at drugstores and retails for $9.99 CAD.

Have you tried Superstay 24 Color? Love it? Hate it? Want it?

by Brooke

Products were sent for editorial consideration.