Beauty Feature: Beauty Travel Tips With Andrea Claire!

Spring break is just around the corner. If you're planning a get-away, you'll want to read beauty traveling tips and beauty must-haves from jet-setting celebrity makeup artist, Andrea Claire!



Makeup Junkie: What is a common mistake women make when packing their beauty bags?

Andrea Claire: Most women take too many beauty products while on vacation - present company included! My suggestion - streamline. Traveling is not the time to do trendy make up. Think of where you are going and the type of vacation you want. I suggest similar make up to bridal so you will look radiant and beautiful.

MJ: Does it depend on the type of climate what products to take?

ACAbsolutely! If it's a hot sunny humid climate bring a tinted moisturizer with SPF, avoid powders and foundations.  If it's colder/dry climate, bump up your moisturizer.

MJ: What must-have beauty products do you recommend?

AC: NARS The Multiples are great as they truly have multiple uses. A new fave of mine, Kevyn Aucoin's The Prime Color Creme Eye Shadow - the cream to powder finish is great for various climates and easy to carry-on. Jemma Kidd Tinted moisturizer, Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, Bobbi Brown eyeshadow palette that has 6 eyeshadows that I can play with and then a lip gloss. I don't wear lipstick anymore - my husband won't kiss me if I wear and well... I love his smooches!

MJ: How do you keep yourself refreshed and radiant when flying?

AC: I do drink a TON of water on the plane and I have a facial spray, Herb Salad Mist by SkinFood - a line from Korea that I got hooked on when living in Singapore. Then a little bronzer blended with Jemma Kidd's All Over Dewy Face Glow. Blend a little extra of Jemma Kidd's glow into your highlight points - it'll give you a lift out of your jet lag!

MJ: If you were trapped on a deserted island what would be your must-have beauty items? 

AC: Since it's plural... My list from from above and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and sunscreen, so if I am saved I won't look leather-faced and haggard. If I am by myself, can I request a soccer ball so I can have a friend to talk too?! [MJ: picturing Tom Hanks but can't remember the movie??]

Thanks to Andrea for all your beauty tips! For more tips and tricks, check out her beauty blog Andrea Claire: Beauty & The Blog!